Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End



Photobucket

It feels like just yesterday that I started my residency on Fridays at Whim Pittsburgh. The past year has been filled with so many great memories and so much fun, that I wanted to say thanks to all the management, staff, and patrons for contributing to that.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I was brought in to assist in the launch of Whim's new deck and outdoor patio, which was a super unique and dope spot. The atmosphere, the skyline, the water fall, the people, it all was so unique. Best part for me was the music format, nothing but classic hip hop, funk, 70s, 80s, 90s, just old school, fun jams! I was also lucky enough to get to work with my friend Bonics for a few months before he started his tour, which was great for me as I have always been inspired by his progressive DJing, as well as his cerebral outlook on DJing in general.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once the winter came around I rocked the front room every 3 weeks, and the main room about once a month. If you have ever been to Whim you know what that's all about and its insanity. Top of the line everything, and the staff to support it.

Photobucket

It saddens me to say, that this Friday March 11, will be my last evening at Whim. New opportunities have risen and I will be starting a new residency next week. We are going out with a bang though, as Whim has decided to throw me a farewell party ! Peep the flyer for details and be sure to say "DJ Petey C" at the door for free cover, and I'm sure I'll have the drinks flowing.

Photobucket

To all the staff at Whim...THANK YOU!! Working there has been at the very top of my favorite gigs. You guys are professionals at what you do and I learned so much. I'm lucky to have been apart of the operation and hope to work with all of you guys again someday. Special thanks to Chad, Kevin, Novak, Welsh, Nugget, H, Bonics, Kamil & KJ!




1 comment:

  1. Yo man good luck with the DJ'ing over the next year homie! Can't wait to see ya in Vegas in a few days! PARTY ROCK!

    ReplyDelete