Monday, April 18, 2011

Red Bull Thre3style Pittsburgh Victory

Photobucket


As most of you know on April 7th I competed in the Pittsburgh leg of the worldwide Red Bull Thre3style DJ battle. I'm happy to announce that I came out on top with a first place win!

Let me start by saying this: I could have never of done it without the overwhelming support I had from friends, family, and just good people alike. Arguably, my greatest advantage was my crowd control and support and I want everyone to know how much that means to me. I feel that my song selection was very energetic and unique, and I was thrilled to see everyone getting so into it.

There were some very impressive sets put down by the other 7 DJs and it was in no way a landslide victory. Shouts to all the DJs who competed especially DJ Zimmie and DJ Midas (who had my personal favorite set of the night) for taking 2nd and 3rd place.

When I first started DJing it would have been impossible to ever imagine a night like this could be in store for me. I was nervous out of my mind, but the second I got behind the decks my nerves transformed into pure adrenaline and I don't know that I have EVER been so pumped up before for a gig.

It was awesome seeing the crowd react the way that they did. And I must say that hearing my name called as the winner was one of the greatest moments in my life. It was very emotional for me and a night I will never forget.

There's literally so many people to thank, I did my best to let them all know. I must give a special thanks to DJ Firm who landed me my first DJ gig ever and taught me all the the fundamentals of this craft. DJ B-Wood & DJ McFly for listening to me for hours the nights before the battle (and many other times), all my Pirate City crew who never fails to show love, Jordan & Jeff for the video and photos, Tony who was watching over me that night and of course my wonderful girlfriend Jenna who continues to support me and was front row cheering me on. I love you.

The next round is to compete for the entire East Coast and will be held on Tuesday May 3rd at the U Street Music Hall in Washington DC. Get a hold of me or Firm if you are interested in coming out, it would mean the world to me and is a great way to support Pittsburgh!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment