Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Red Bull Thre3style D.C.

Photobucket


On May 3rd, 2011 was the regional leg for the the Redbull Thre3style battle in Washington D.C. The battle featured 9 total DJ's this time, the Brooklyn Thre3style winner, another guy from New York, the Boston Thre3style Winner, myself, and 5 guys from D.C. (I know right?!) Despite some serious flaws in the execution of the event itself I had an absolute blast on the trip and in the battle. DJ Get Live won first place and believe me he totally deserved it, that dude can rip!

The number of Pittsburgh supporters totaled over 40 people, and I commenced my set with a Renegade/Black & Yellow routine that had our people going nuts with terrible towels and Pittsburgh pride. It was VERY cool. I really can't thank everyone enough for coming down and for the support, there's just too damn many of you to list but please know just how much it meant to me. Here's some pics and a short recap...



Meet Shaquita! This baby fit 10 of us, took 30 gallons of gas, and contained enough candy, lunch meat, and soda to fulfill a 3rd grade classroom. She got us there safe and sound and we had a hilarious time road tripping with her.
Photobucket

Photobucket

When we got to D.C. we grabbed lunch a place called Firehouse (guess what it used to be). Food was decent, the time spent was better, Ben's cold shoulder to the waitress was the best.
Photobucket


After lunch we hit Joe's Record store. Really awesome spot, great selection, very unique. First thing dude says at the register when I told him I was from Pittsburgh was, "You ever been to Jerry's" I smiled and told him "Yeah, once or twice" I think he got my drift.
Photobucket


After a short dig, we hit our hotels for a little. Shouts to the Donovan house for the super awesome room!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I specifically brought my man Jordan Beckham with me to do photos and video work, however the people at the venue informed me that there was no photography allowed. Unfortunately I had Jordan take one picture at the end and they kicked his ass out right after hahaha.
Photobucket

The next day we hit the town for some sight seeing and grub before departing. Here's a few pics from that day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After the battle my friends and D.C. based DJ's DJ Trayze & Jerome Baker III invited us to their weekly Tuesday party called Recess. It was such a dope party and I must say D.C. parties harder on a Tuesday than most Pittsburgh spots on a Saturday.



Thanks again to everyone that came down, it was so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment